Domestic Violence Support Groups
The Center offers 3 domestic violence support groups:
Tuesdays from 5:30-7:30 pm
Wednesday from 12:00-2:00 pm
Fridays from 5:30-7:30 pm
These groups are for women who have experienced verbal, emotional, financial or physical abuse in their intimate relationships. Groups are offered on a drop-in basis once an initial appointment with a counselor has been completed. For more information call 530-626-1450.
Benefits of Support Groups
- Reduce Isolation- the most important step in taking back your life.
- Provide atmosphere of acceptance and a source of positive feedback.
- Provide opportunity to be heard by those who understand the cycle of abuse.
- Bonding and trust building experiences.
- Sharing available options, tools, techniques which have worked for others.
- Decision Making
- Promote awareness of self determination and choices, leading to personal empowerment.
- Banish confusion, realization that “I’m not crazy after all”.